The place we’re with the Sam Altman saga.
It has been a whirlwind couple of days. When you’re catching up, right here’s a abstract of the continued disaster at OpenAI:
• The corporate revealed a blog post Friday afternoon saying that it had fired Altman as CEO and that board chair Greg Brockman was stepping down. The board mentioned Altman hadn’t been candidly speaking with them.
• CTO Mira Murati was named interim CEO.
• Brockman later said “I stop.”
• Altman and Brockman posted a joint statement saying they have been “shocked and saddened” by the board’s actions.
• Three high-level researchers reportedly quit in protest: Jakob Pachocki, Aleksander Madry, and Szymon Sidor.
• Sources mentioned that Ilya Sutskever, Open AI’s chief scientist, was instrumental in Altman’s firing.
• Yesterday, sources informed The Verge that OpenAI was trying to get Altman back as CEO.
• Altman has circumstances, together with that the board members who fired him stop. The board has been waffling and negotiations pushed previous a key 5PM PT deadline on Saturday.
• The Verge heard there would be mass resignations if no deal was reached by 5PM PT. A deal didn’t occur, and the talks are persevering with in the present day.
• OpenAI is “optimistic” it may get Altman again. A memo to employees final evening mentioned an replace is predicted this morning.